In order to earn a Bachelor of Science in Biology under this program, the student must complete all of the following requirements:
(1) 90 credit hours completed prior to matriculation to professional school. A minimum of 36 credit hours must have been earned from Concord University. Sixteen of the last 32 credit hours of study prior to entering professional school must have been taken in residence. At least nine credit hours in upper-level courses required for the major must be earned at Concord University.
(2) all General Education Program requirements
(3) all Biology Core classes except Biology Capstone
(4) any two of the six Biology Cognate classes; these courses must be in two different categories (Ecology/Evolution, Animals/Plants, Cell & Molecular/Genetics)
(5) minimum institutional and cumulative GPA of 2.0
(6) successful completion of at least 24 hours of coursework in the first year of professional study. Students will enroll in BIOL 460 (Professional Practicum) while in the first year of professional study to satisfy this requirement.
(7) completion of 120 hours of total college credit. Students may useBIOL 460 to count credits earned in the first year of professional school toward this requirement.
The student may request to waive a maximum of 15 credit hours required for completion of the biology degree program (note that this does not include courses specified in the requirements listed above).
Students seeking to earn a degree under this program must apply through a letter of intent submitted to their academic advisor, the Chair of Biology, and the Dean of Science, Mathematics, and Health no later than August 1st of the year in which they will enter their chosen professional program.