2023-2024 Academic Catalog (August 2023 - July 2024 
    Jul 14, 2024  
2023-2024 Academic Catalog (August 2023 - July 2024 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Academics - Withdrawal from the University

Withdrawal from the University

A student withdrawing from the University during any semester or summer term will be given grades of W in all courses provided that the student has completed withdrawal procedures prior to the beginning of the last week of classes for that semester or term. If withdrawal is completed after the deadline, one of the following grades will be assigned in each course in which the student was enrolled: A, B, C, D, F, I, or P.

To withdraw from the University a student must complete the Center for Academic and Career Development's online Withdrawal Form.  Students are strongly encouraged to contact their faculty advisor or the CACD and Financial Aid prior to completing the form.

Refunds for withdrawal from the University will be based upon the student's last verified date of attendance and the appropriate percentage rate associated with that date.  Students should refer to the Refunds   section of Tuition, Fees and Expenses for additional information.

Students who wish to only withdraw from a course or selected courses rather than the entire semester should refer to the Adding/Dropping Courses   section of the Academic Catalog.

Federal Unofficial Withdrawal

Federal policy requires students who have been awarded any type of federal student aid to fulfill their academic requirements. Therefore, per federal regulations, universities are required to review students who received federal student aid but did not pass any classes taken during a given term.

If a student fails to earn a passing grade in at least one course in which he or she is enrolled for a semester, Concord's Office of Financial Aid must assume for federal student aid purposes that the student has unofficially withdrawn unless it can be officially documented that the student did complete the term.  For example, if a student receives all "F" and/or "W" grades for a semester, the Office of Financial Aid is required to determine if the student "unofficially withdrew" from the University. An "unofficial withdrawal" occurs when a student stops attending all classes and stops participating in any academic activities beyond the date he/she last attended classes.

The Office of Financial Aid will determine whether or not a student "unofficially withdrew."  Faculty report the last date of attendance in the class and whether or not the student participated in the class to enable the Office of Financial Aid to determine whether or not the failure to earn a passing grade constitutes an "unofficial withdrawal" from the University. Unofficially withdrawing from the University can result in the student being required to repay all or a portion of the financial aid received for the term.

Withdrawals and changes to academic standing may affect a student's eligibility for FSA under the University's Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy. Students no longer attending class are encouraged to officially drop individual courses or withdraw from the University entirely.